What we do and how we use your DataActivate organise and project manage a variety of events, such as Conferences and Incentives for its clients. As part of that project management process we may be required to collect personal data. Activate do not collect this personal data for our own Marketing use and only collect personal data when a formal contract exists between the client and ourselves. The personal data we collect is purpose limited and minimised and we will not ask for anything we do not require for our business. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
The data we collect about youPersonal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data). We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows: -
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and details of events you attend and associated services we provided to you.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How your personal data is collectedWe use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:-
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by entering this information on our website [or filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise]. This includes personal data you provide when you:- instruct us to provide services to you on behalf of our clients; – create an account on our website; – subscribe to our newsletter or publications; – request marketing to be sent to you; – enter a survey; or – give us some feedback.
How we use your personal dataRecipients of the data we collect for the purpose of providing any services which we have been contractually obligated to provide you by our client may include: our client; Activate Events; Etouches (a registration system provider) Eton Travel (travel services provider) and other third party suppliers such as hotels, ground transport providers. Any shared data will only be processed in a way that is relevant to the purposes for which it was originally collected.
Purposes for which we will use your personal dataWe have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so, in addition to your consent where this is given. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To record you as a participant in an event for our client||(a) Identity (b) Contact||Performance of our contract with [you] and our client|
|Providing our services to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Financial (d) Transaction (e) Marketing and Communications||Performance of our contract with our client [and you]|
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation|
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the services we provide to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Profile (d) Usage (e) Marketing and Communications (f) Technical||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how those using our services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our commercial relationship with our clients and our marketing strategy)|
|[To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences]||[(a) Technical (b) Usage]||[Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of clients for our services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)]|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about services that may be of interest to you||(a) Identity (b) Contact (c) Technical (d) Usage (e) Profile||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our services and develop our business)|
MarketingYou may at any time elect not to receive any marketing and advertising from us or limiting it either by contacting us or by opting out in accordance with the directions given in the material you receive. Third Party Marketing We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes. We do not share your personal data with any other person for marketing purposes. You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing communications sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us for the provision of our services to you.
Change of purposeWe will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosures of your personal dataWe may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in section 8 above.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers based in the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal insurance and accounting services to us.
- Your contact details will be provided to marketing consultants for the purpose of sending you marketing and other information concerning our services which may be of interest.
- Service providers based in the EEA who provide IT and system administrations services to us.